Sunday, August 21, 2016

Post No. 132: I Believe in "The Five Steps to Peace" from the "Conversations with God" books!


(Image from Humanity's Team)

I Believe in "The Five Steps to Peace"
—from the—
"Conversations with God" books!

AS [I] SEEK TO CREATE HARMONY IN OUR WORLD, [I], THE UNDERSIGNED, HEREBY PUBLICLY COMMIT TO TAKING THE FIVE STEPS TO PEACE:

1. [I] acknowledge that certain old beliefs about Life and about God are no longer working.

2. [I] acknowledge that there is something [I] do not understand about God and about Life, the understanding of which could change everything.

3. [I am] willing for new understandings of God and Life to now be brought forth, understandings that could produce a new way of life on this planet.

4. [I am] willing to explore and examine these new understandings, and, if they align with [my] inner truth and knowing, to enlarge [my] belief system to include them.

5. [I am] willing to live [my life] as a demonstration of [my] beliefs.

-Paul Whiting
(a.k.a., Poet, Artist and Philosopher)
"I am the poet who thinks that he knows it!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My Writing About How We Are All Equal To Each Other: We are not better—or worse—than each other; we are all equal to each other. –Paul Whiting (written June 11th, 2016, revised August 18th, 2016 and revised October 16th, 2022)

My Writing About How I Believe In The 'Conversations With God' Books: I believe in the "Conversations with God" books, including "A Conversation with God: An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 1)," "Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 2)," "Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue (Book 3)," "Friendship with God: An Uncommon Dialogue," "Communion with God: An Uncommon Dialogue," "The New Revelations: A Conversation with God," "Tomorrow's God: Our Greatest Spiritual Challenge," "What God Wants: A Compelling Answer to Humanity's Biggest Question," and "Home with God: In A Life That Never Ends." And, to clarify, the reader should know that I have not yet read any of the supplemental books, which is why they are not listed above. –Paul Whiting (written August 17th, 2016, revised September 2nd, 2016 and revised October 16th, 2022)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Conversations with God" from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia—which is funded primarily through donations from millions of individuals around the world, including this blogger (I make a totally affordable monthly donation):

"Conversations with God (CwG) is a sequence of books written by Neale Donald Walsch. It was written as a dialogue in which Walsch asks questions and God answers. The first book of the Conversations with God series, Conversations with God, Book 1: An Uncommon Dialogue, was published in 1995 and became a publishing phenomenon, staying on the New York Times Best-Sellers List for 137 weeks. The succeeding volumes in the nine book series also appeared prominently on the List.

In an interview with Larry King, Walsch described the inception of the books as follows: at a low period in his life, Walsch wrote an angry letter to God asking questions about why his life wasn't working. After writing down all of his questions, he heard a voice over his right shoulder say: 'Do you really want an answer to all these questions or are you just venting?' Though when he turned around he saw no one there, Walsch felt answers to his questions filling his mind and decided to write them down. The ensuing dialogue became the Conversations with God books. When asked in a recent interview how does he 'open up' to God these days, Neale stated 'I am reaching out to touch others with this information. When I reach out and touch others with this information I reconnect immediately with the divine presence.'"

CwG's basic messages:

"In Friendship with God, Walsch writes that God presents four concepts which are central to the entire dialogue:

1. We are all one.
2. There's enough.
3. There's nothing we have to do.
4. Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way.

Existence is essentially non dual in nature. At the highest level there is no separation between anything and there is only one of us; there is only God, and everything is God. The second statement, following from the first, means that we, in this seeming existence, lack nothing and if we choose to realize it, we have enough of whatever we think we need (or the means to create it) within us. The third statement combines the first two to conclude that God, being all there is and is thus always sufficient unto Itself, has no need of anything and therefore has no requirements of humanity. The final concept puts an end to our need to always be right. Given that we have and are everything, and there's nothing we have to do, there are an infinite number of ways to experience this, not just the one way we may have chosen so far..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversations_with_God

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My Philosophical Notes:

The reason that I wrote this prose can be summed up with the following statement: I am rereading the "Conversations with God" series of books [which I reread from just shortly after June 5th, 2016 to exactly September 12th, 2016]... And I was rereading "The New Revelations: A Conversation with God," when I read the quote below on pages 314 to 315, which inspired me to write the post above:

"AS WE SEEK TO CREATE HARMONY IN OUR WORLD,
WE, THE UNDERSIGNED, HEREBY PUBLICLY COMMIT
TO TAKING THE FIVE STEPS TO PEACE:

1. We acknowledge that certain old beliefs about Life and about God are no longer working.

2. We acknowledge that there is something we do not understand about God and about Life, the understanding of which could change everything.

3. We are willing for new understandings of God and Life to now be brought forth, understandings that could produce a new way of life on this planet.

4. We are willing to explore and examine these new understandings, and, if they align with our inner truth and knowing, to enlarge our belief system to include them.

5. We are willing to live our lives as a demonstration of our beliefs."

And this prose was formerly published on my "Three Dark Horses" and "Small All White in the Forest" blogs, but I decided to only publish "The 'Conversations with God' books-Inspired Posts" on my "Poet, Artist and Philosopher" blog, because these posts are more about philosophy and so is this blog.

Thus, this prose was only published on my "Poet, Artist and Philosopher" blog.

This prose was written in Portland, Oregon.

-Paulee

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This "Poet, Artist and Philosopher" Post No. 132 was edited on May 5th, 2024.

"Prose is using all of the words that are necessary in order to describe all that is necessary to describe." –Paul Whiting [June 1st, 2022]